The Equine Program at The Charlton School is part of each student's individualized treatment plan. Equine Facilitated Learning, Therapeutic Riding, Equine Assisted Psychotherapy, and Horse Care/Barn Management Skills are the main components of our year-round, clinically-based Equine Therapy Program. Through interaction with horses, students are given the opportunity to learn countless life lessons, coping skills, and self-assessment techniques.
The Equine Program at The Charlton School can help students begin to develop:
- Effective communication skills
- Increased self-esteem and self-confidence
- Improved ability to stay focused and attentive
- Techniques related to emotional management
- Ways to build healthy interpersonal relationships
- Pride of responsibility for a being other than oneself